quinta-feira, 9 de junho de 2011

Quilt Mistério (presente) / Mistery Quilt (today)

Ora bem, eu tinha prometido que mostrava em que ponto o quilt mistério está, não tinha??
Peço desculpa pela demora, a vidinha de todos os dias tem interferido bastante com este blog!!
So, I had promise to shw you how my mistery quilt is….I apolozige by the delay, truth is daily life is been ruinning my net time!!!

Pag. 19:

Pag_19_thumb[7]

Pag. 20:

Pag_20_thumb[6]

Pag. 21:

Pág_21_thumb

Pag. 22:

P1080158

Na página 22 as instruções mandam juntar todas as filas que fizemos anteriormente e finalmente temos uma noção de como ficará!
O que falta é juntar tiras a emoldurar este motivo central. E ainda não avancei por dois motivos: o primeiro é que tenho que arranjar essas tiras nas cores recomendadas (talvez vá desmanchar umas camisas de homem para isso) o segundo, é que como já vi o quilt final sei que estes dois triângulos vermelhos da esquerda (fotografia abaixo) deviam sobressair mais e, neste momento isso não acontece porque ao lado tenho um conjunto que devia ser bege e verde e que é bege e vermelho (porque na altura não tinha tecido verde. Estou, por isso, extremamente tentada em desmanchar e voltar a fazer!!
O que acham?
On page 22 the instructions say to sew all the lines, that we did before, together and we finally have an idea of ​​how it’ll look!
What is missing is joining strips to frame this central motif.

I didn’t do it yet for two reasons: the first is that I have to get these strips in the recommended colors (I might be cutting up some manshirts to do it) the second is, that as I already saw the final quilt, I know these two red triangles on the left (pictured below) should stand out more, and that doesn’t happen now because I have a set that should be beige and green and that is beige and red (because at the time I hadn’t green fabric). I am so sorely tempted to re-do that section!
What do you think?

P1080155

PS – como disse, no principio deste post, a vidinha de todos os dias tem prejudicado bastante o tempo e a disposição para me ligar online, cuidar deste blog e visitar todos os outros. Nas próximas duas semanas também vou ficar sem ligação à internet por isso, o que espero que aconteça é conseguir utilizar algum tempo para preparar posts que possa publicar mal a minha internet volte!
Desejo-vos a todos umas boas festas de santos populares!
As I said, at the beginning of this post, daily life has been taking my time and willingness to connect me online, take care of this blog and visit all the others. In the next two weeks I also will be without internet connection… so, what I hope is that I’ll be able to use some time to prepare posts so I can publish them as my internet connection will be back!
I wish you all a happy S. Antonio, S. João e S. Pedro Hollidays!

3 comentários:

  1. Hello there my friend! Good to have you back!
    I like how the quilt turned out, but I think you are right. That red section really does stand out from the rest and it emphasizes the left corner. I think that the dark blue fabric with those yellow stars(??) would be a much finer replacement for the red fabric and give the quilt balance. Hope you don't mind me saying this!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Oh, wow! It looks great! I am so impressed by your patience and love for the art! What a great design!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. that looks so nice and it looks so difficult. I'm not that good of a sewer to do something like this but I like it. I love the Christmas theme and can already picture you using it during the winter months to keep warm. Thanks for the update, it's beautiful.

    ResponderEliminar

Gosto imenso de saber o que pensa e tento sempre responder / I love that you can share your opinions, I allways try to answer back