domingo, 18 de julho de 2010

Saia #2 / Skirt # 2

A segunda saia que encontrei, no canto mais escuro do meu armário foi esta:
The second skirt that I found in my closet’s dark corner was this one:







Esta também é uma saia dos anos 90 julgo eu mas, mais recente que a deste post.
É composta por várias camadas de tecido castanho sobrepostas e é estreita na cintura, alargando progressivamente. Era também bastante comprida, 86 cm. Mas, mais uma, vez estava extremamente apertada na cintura e nas ancas.
O que fiz, foi pegar no tira-linhas e retirar as primeiras duas camadas:
This is from the 90’s also but, I think it’s more recent that this one.
There are several brown fabric layers in inverted V shape. It was also very long, 86 cm. Again it didn’t fit in my waist and hips.
So I took my seam-ripper and detached the first two layers.


Depois fiz uma bainha de cerca de 3 cm, cozi-a na máquina de costura e coloquei um elástico (exactamente como na saia anterior):
Then I sew, by machine, a 3 cm seam and pull inside a rubber band (just like the previous skirt):










E, cá está uma saia mais curta, 58 cm, que agora me serve!
And here it is a shorter skirt, 58 cm, which now fits me!

Acho que imaginam o que eu fiz com as primeiras duas camadas que retirei da saia mas, de qualquer forma, mostrarei no próximo post!
I think that you imagine what I did with the first two layers of fabric but, nevertheless I will show it in the next post.

6 comentários:

  1. You have a gift for refashioning stuff! This looks great!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. thank you, elizabeth!
    :)
    but this was super easy!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. It turned out great. The fabric looks like it's very soft, I love the color because it goes with everything. Can't wait to see what you did with the rest of the material.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. thank you Maria! the fabric it's also very light wich is perfect for a big hot day!
    I have to take pictures and then post them, i'll try to do it this night!

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Oh I love projects like this one! Great refashion if I may say!

    ResponderEliminar

Gosto imenso de saber o que pensa e tento sempre responder / I love that you can share your opinions, I allways try to answer back